Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. ~ James 1:27

03 May 2010

One Step Closer

Our second homestudy meeting was last Friday.  I couldn't believe the relief I felt when it was done!  Tammy has the study mostly written.  We're really just waiting on our doctor appointments.  The state of NM requires everyone in the family to get checked up and it's not easy to get six appointments within a reasonable time period.  So, now we wait, and Little E waits, and this mama is already feeling very impatient....

Last Sunday, the pastor asked Justin to share our adoption journey so far, during both services, as part of his sermon on hope.  It was an amazing day and Justin did so well!  I'm still smiling about it.

The fundraiser we're doing along with the Norris family is coming up quick.  It will be on the evening of Sunday, May 23.  We're planning a praise concert led by our new worship director, along with a silent auction and dessert bar.  Should be a great time!  I'm looking forward to fellowship and celebrating our adoption journeys.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah!!! So glad I can fill myself in on your journey. You will be amazed how much you find yourself telling your story. God has used adoption more than any other thing in my life to give me opportunities to share my heart for Him. I'm going to link you too my adoption friends and I am so excited to actually have a NM family on there! PS Did you know our hotel was next door to a HOLT orphanage? I don't know if they have more than one but it was nice, really nice.

    ReplyDelete