Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. ~ James 1:27

11 April 2010

Homestudy Visit #1

Our first homestudy meeting was today and it went well.  KJ had to point out, right off the bat, the corner we use for time outs.  Then all of the kids were so talkative for an hour that our social worker could hardly get a word in edgewise.  She took it in stride, though.  I guess she can definitely see that we have highly social, outspoken, intelligent kiddos.

We feel so blessed - she is a Christian and a big supporter of homeschooling and attachment parenting.  We meet again in two weeks and then she'll write her report, once all of the CYFD stuff and medical exams are done.

We got all of the birth certificate stuff straightened out.  Turns out that Justin's not my brother, after all.  Shocker!  I did discover, though, after all the work it took to get Maci's homebirth registered - I never ordered her birth certificate!  So now we're waiting on that to arrive.  Hopefully the state won't think she's my mother or my aunt or something!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh I like your zebra background. It took me forever to find mine!!!

    ReplyDelete