Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. ~ James 1:27

30 March 2010

My Husband is NOT My Brother

I have been patiently waiting for our birth certificates to arrive.  Then a letter came in the mail last week from the records division of our state.  At first I was excited, thinking it hadn't taken long at all to have one more thing to check off of our list.  But, wait!  Why is the envelope so thin???  How can six birth certificates fit in there?

They can't!  Someone at the state misprocessed my request and put into their computer that Justin is my brother.  Of course, they couldn't find any proof of that and want me to supply proof before I can have the birth certificates.  Oy!

I have to talk to one specific clerk about this and she's been out of the office every time I call.  I'm anxious to have this sorted out, for several reasons - the first of which is, "Ick!!!"

On a much more exciting and less disturbing note, we had initial contact with our social worker last week.  She's very friendly and super fast responding to emails.  Yay!  She's also a big proponent of attachment parenting, which is an answer to prayer!  Now we just have to finish filling out a bunch of paperwork so we can get things going.  It's so exciting and becoming much more real!

No comments:

Post a Comment