Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. ~ James 1:27

12 May 2010

When It Rains, It Pours

First, some exciting news.  We received our first draft of the homestudy last Saturday.  It was so fun to read over - all 25 pages.  We only had minor corrections.  Now Tammy will submit it to La Familia and Holt for pre-approval.  Then, we're just waiting on five more doctor visits.  We should be done with those two weeks from today.  So, that's when I'll be frantically wrapping up last minute stuff, driving to Santa Fe to get a couple of things state certified, and then overnighting our dossier to Holt.  It's surreal to be at this point.  It seems like it's gone fast so far, but I think that's because we've been on the paperchase.  The wait for travel dates will probably seem excruciatingly slow.


This week, however, it feels like we're under attack from every direction.  On Monday, I came home to a broken garage door opener and couldn't get into the house.  I didn't have a key, so I had to break KJ's screen, pry the window open, and then hoist Cade through.  Luckily Justin figured out the problem and can fix it.  We're waiting for the part to arrive in the mail.


Later that evening, as I was getting ready to put homemade rolls into the oven for dinner, I turned it on --- but nothing happened.  Sooooo, one expensive service call later, we're on the prowl for a new oven.  The timing couldn't be worse with this stuff.


Then today, I was at Walmart and my debit card wouldn't work.  Strange.  I went straight to the bank to figure out why.  Turns out they locked our account down due to fraudulent charges.  Lovely.  It's refundable to us, but so frustrating and icky feeling.  Now, I'm without a debit card for a week or two until my new one comes in the mail.  Probably not a bad thing to not be able to spend money easily right now.


I will not be discouraged.  I am joyful in this journey we are on!  This is what life is all about and though we feel very low right now, the Lord is with us.

The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." - Deuteronomy 31:8

2 comments:

  1. I like to blame it on the Devil. he sure does try to get me down when I'm getting ready to pay some big BILL like a dossier or program fee. Let's see....we had the a/c break a couple of months ago. And something in the car went out. Then we're getting ready to save for travel and our a/c is going out again AND my dryer is eating clothes. Yeah, nice timing. I will just keep trusting in God. He's come through for us every time. Trying not to freak out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like we are under attack the most when we are doing exactly what we should be doing. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete