Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. ~ James 1:27

15 March 2010

We're Expecting from Africa

Well, we started this blog to record our experiment to go without TV for 40 days.  We are at nine months and still going strong.  We're planning to make it to the one year mark and then re-evaluate.  Sooooooooo, there's not much more to say about that and we've begun a new journey of faith.  This blog will now re-focus on our sojourn into the fields of the fatherless.

We have started the process to adopt a baby from Ethiopia!  We have always planned to adopt internationally and after our third miscarriage on Christmas Day 2009, we looked at the four, beautiful, healthy kids we already had and asked ourselves, "what are we doing?  There are children out there who need parents.  Why bring another one into the world?"  

We've researched adoption on and off for years, but this time God is leading us forward and growing the seed that was planted long ago.  We chose Ethiopia for many reasons, which I will detail in another post soon.  Right now, we've just so thankful to be on this journey and cannot wait to see what God has in store for our family!

6 comments:

  1. Oh Angie, that is so wonderful for you guys! Nate and I too would love to someday adopt. Im so excited for you guys and that sweet child who gets to be a part of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you! This is so dear to my heart, that I am thrilled to find your blog and get to learn from your journey. I will pray for your family and for the new addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have you added to Ethiopian Adoption Blogs! I wish you all the best as you start this amazing journey : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!! Such a cute blog, love the picture of the kids!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very exciting!!!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in your same boart....we have three children se,i biologically (hehehe two are my husbands from a previous marriagen and one is my own who is wonderful)- and after a miscarriage- we asked ourtselves that same questions...which has lead to your same answer- adoption from Ethiopia. We are hoping for a boy between 3 and 5....and we are in the thick of the paper chase as well. I need to start my time line :)

    ReplyDelete