Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. ~ James 1:27

29 June 2009

Today is the Day

So, I throw Justin's clothes in the dryer on the way out the door to go garden. When we get home, I go to put them away and they're still wet. grrrr. Dryer is broken. In the last three weeks the swamp cooler, hot water heater, brakes on my truck, and VCR/DVD have all needed repairs. I'm so done with stuff breaking. Not to mention I apparently forgot how to apply part of my sunscreen today, so half of my back and neck are soooo burned. It's 100 degrees outside and I would really love to plop down in front of the TV and just veg out watching some stupid show. Instead I'm running in and out getting laundry on and off the line and trying to entertain four hot, cranky kids. I'm fantasizing about a working DVD player so they can watch Anne of Green Gables, which I checked out from the library. I might make them sit on the couch and just stare at the case to see if they can absorb it through osmosis..... Now, I'm off to make snow cones and try to talk the girls out of baking cookies. Too hot for the oven, if that's not broken too.....

No comments:

Post a Comment