Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. ~ James 1:27

27 June 2009

We're Home

The kids and I just returned from a week spent visiting the grandparents. The kids watched their usual amount of TV while there, maybe a little more?? I don't know because they were off on adventures with various family members a lot of the time. All of those people have satellite, so I'm guessing there was some diligent TV watching going on. The kids don't complain, but I know they miss it at times.

The digital transition left my parents with a couple of networks that come in less than half the time and THREE PBS stations. My kids thought it was amazing to have three channels of cartoons to choose from. We were so busy, though, they really didn't have much time to sit and watch at that house.

Justin's life here at home was another story, however. He was bored out of his mind. The upside to that is that I came home to a spotless house [he even mopped the floors!] and he finished a lot of the restoration on our computer, which just crashed for the second time this year. So that turned out really well for me. :)

We're still reading a lot, playing games, making up games, taking walks, going to the park, and overall enjoying our abundance of family time. We've lost track of what day we're on in the 40 day goal. At first I think we were all counting down, but now the idea of having TV in the house again doesn't sound appealing. I did check out a couple of movies from the library yesterday. We agreed initially that would be okay. But we discovered our VCR/DVD is on the fritz. So much for doing anything with the TV. It's just taking up space. Maybe we'll turn it into a fish tank......

1 comment:

  1. Nice to come home to a clean house! How are you planning on turning a TV into a fish tank? =)

    ReplyDelete