Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. ~ James 1:27

27 May 2011

Two Months Home

Yesterday was our two month anniversary of being home.  The exhaustion and frustration of the trip home still seem so recent.  But every time I look at Eyob, I'm struck by how far we've already come.  His eyes sparkle, he smiles all the time, and we're starting to understand why everyone in Ethiopia kept telling us he was funny.  This boy is mischievous!  He fits into this family perfectly.  He's also extremely compassionate and affectionate.  What an amazing boy we have!

We've had many ups and downs so far, but now that Eyob has a bit of English things are getting easier.  Yesterday he told me "yes ma'am" at an appropriate time.  Earlier this week he told his doctor "no hurt Eyob" followed by a long string of emphatic Amharic and then he hid his arm from her.  He didn't want any more blood draws, which thankfully they didn't have to do.  On Sunday, he was being so silly in church that I giggled through most of the sermon.  Life is good. 

I'm so far behind on blogging our trip that it's not even funny.  But, five kids keep me busy so I'm not gonna bust my own chops too much.  Here are some pictures, which are probably much more fun anyway.
Fun with Tatum
Mama cuddles


So darn cute!

Those eyes!  Be still my heart!

Playing cowboy at our old fashioned family picnic





2 comments:

  1. What sweet pictures! Beautiful family:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Gorgeous!!! Seriously, what great pictures and what a great post Angie! I'm sure things will only get better.

    ReplyDelete