Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. ~ James 1:27

05 April 2011

Days 1 & 2

I was blessed on this trip to be accompanied by two really cool guys - my dad and my 12 year old son.  We decided to stop in London for a day on the way to Ethiopia.  The first part of the trip is easier to tell with pictures.  Otherwise, the whole post would go... and we walked and walked and walked and saw ____ and then we walked and walked and walked and saw....

Day 1 of our trip was all travel, with A LOT of luggage.  We had two big suitcases full of donations - formula, most of my cloth diaper stash, and some other items sent by friends.  We also had hundreds of crackers donated by our friend Robert, who works for Frito Lay.

We packed up the tank and headed to the airport.

We left Albuquerque at about one in the afternoon.  It was Cade's first time to fly and he loved it!
 
We flew to Atlanta, and hung out there for about two hours.  

 We arrived in London around nine in the morning their time.  We dropped our bags at the Yotel at the airport.  Such a fun place to stay!  It's like a futuristic space pod.  A tiny little room with all the amenities and right in the terminal we needed to fly out of early the next morning.


We jumped on the Tube and saw the sights.






 Fish and chips for lunch!  Yum!


After a long day of sightseeing, we headed back to the airport.  We loved London and I hope to go back with Justin sometime, when we have time to explore.  I feel so lucky that I got to visit both London and Paris within a four month time frame!  Before bed, Cade and I scoped out the airport shops to find Cadbury chocolate that my friend, Dawn, said we had to try while we were there.  She was right!  So good!  Justin is still talking about the candy bar I brought him.  Then we collapsed into bed, but Cade and I woke up around two in the morning.  I chatted with Justin on Facebook and waited for it to be time to head out...

No comments:

Post a Comment