Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. ~ James 1:27

22 January 2011

Nope

Well, on Thursday Justin got a call from the director of the Ethiopia program at Holt.  She was calling with bad news.  We did not get the February 8 embassy date.  All of our paperwork is ready to be submitted except for one thing - we're missing a letter from MOWA.  MOWA is the adoption authority in Ethiopia.  When Holt gets the letter, we'll be ready to be submitted for an embassy date - hopefully the February 22 one.  Needless to say, we're extremely upset about this turn of events.  But, there's nothing to be done except pray.

We are asking for specific prayers - that the letter is issued very soon, that we get the Feb. 22 date, and that E is content and cared for where he is until we can get there.  I guess prayers for my extremely bad attitude acceptance of the situation would also be helpful.  I cried for two straight days.  If it's only a two week delay, that's not the end of the world in the grand scheme of things.  I'm just scared of it being longer than that and that's what's so upsetting.

We're trying to focus on the positive.  I will get to see Cade perform in the Valentine's dinner theater at church.  I was really bummed that I was going to miss that.... and ummmmm, welllllll...... that's actually the only positive I can find right now.  But, it's something, right?

This mama's arms are aching for my sweet boy.  The kids talk about him all the time and Maci saves snacks for him and wants us to set a place for him at dinner.  There's a gaping hole in our family that will only be filled by one chubby, three year old little guy.
I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word I put my hope - Psalm 130:5
 

1 comment:

  1. so sorry....hoping for the precious letter very soon

    ReplyDelete