Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. ~ James 1:27

16 November 2010

Thankful for Friends

As the time for us to leave quickly approaches, I'm struck with overwhelming gratitude for everyone who has supported us during the past year.  Today, I'm especially thinking of our friends here in Rio Rancho.  Seriously, we have such an amazing group of friends!  Eleven months ago, they dropped everything to take our kids when we started to lose our baby.  They supported us and grieved with us when it was over.  Then when we felt led to adopt, they jumped on board and backed us 100%.  I'm so touched by all of their prayers and emotional and financial support.  Every single bit of it means so much to us. 

We also have wonderful family, don't get me wrong!  We're so very blessed in our lives!  But today, I have been thinking about how several of my friends are stepping forward to take the fab four and juggle their schedules and their own large broods of kiddos so that I can have all day Thursday to finish getting ready leave.  You guys know who you are.  Thank you!  You totally rock.  

Today's picture is some of us moms when we took the kids sledding earlier this year.  I laugh when I look at this because I have about three layers of everything on and was still freezing a wee bit chilly.  Everyone else seemed to be very comfortable and I was appalled when they started taking off coats and gloves because they were too hot.  ;-)  That's me, third from the left.  Michelle is missing from this picture, having just rushed off with an injured child.  Sandy is also missing, having just adopted her sweet little boy.

Thanks for your love and support, ladies!

Three days!!!!!!!!  We're coming Little E!


And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.  Colossians 3:15





No comments:

Post a Comment