Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. ~ James 1:27

27 October 2010

Update on Little E

Yesterday we got a health update on Little E!  It was completely unexpected because it seems like we just got one.  But looking back, we hadn't received one since the beginning of August.  Wow, those three months flew by!

I was smiling all day after reading about E.  The best thing is that the nurse wrote that "his speech is becoming clear"!!!  We're so excited for our little guy!  He was having some issues with frustration in the last update.  Part of that is being three years old.  I think most of it, though, can probably be attributed to his speech delay.  What a relief it must be for him to be able to communicate a little better with the nannies.  They say his entire disposition has changed and that he's "playful and alert".  

The second exciting thing is that he's potty trained during the day and dry most nights.  I know we can expect regression in this area when we get him home, but I'm still glad to hear it.  I'm taking all of our cloth diapers to Ethiopia to donate and was planning to just use pull ups until he was potty trained.  Then I was debating buying cloth diapers for him because I love cloth and really dislike disposables.  Maybe it won't be too much of an issue, though.  *fingers crossed*

Oh.  Fun fact.  Little E is three inches shorter than Maci and five pounds heavier.  He's still quite the little chunker.  Love it!

So yesterday, Cade's glasses broke in half.  Again.  These were the ones I spent extra $$ on because they were supposed to be all bendy and indestructible.  Lies!  All lies!  lol.  Luckily, he had an eye exam on Monday so off we went to shop for new ones.  We ended up at the mall, which is one of my least favorite places on earth.  While we were waiting for his new glasses to be ready, insanity took over and I attempted to take the kids into stores and shop for me and not them.  Gasp!  They thought it was the end of the world, but I did end up with a new pair of cozy pants to wear on our many plane rides over the next few months.  If I have to travel for 35 hours straight or whatever horrendous length of time it is, I have to be comfy.  I'll be the hobo looking one wandering around the airport babbling about missing all of my kiddos.

24 days till we leave.  Just sayin.

And finally, since I know you're thinking this blog post will never end, my cousin posted this song on facebook and I love it.  I think it really describes our past year, from losing the baby to starting this adoption journey when everyone thought we had gone cra-zay-zee.  Glad that when we were called into the fire last Christmas Day, we had the strength to gaze into the flame and look for Him.  That faith, though it felt so desperate and inadequate at the time, is bringing us our precious little boy from halfway around the world.

Yep, I'm saying it again... 24 days!!!

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.  Romans 8:28
 

1 comment:

  1. I am SO excited for your trip, and this opportunity to meet your little guy! Many Blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete