Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. ~ James 1:27

15 September 2010

Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock



I know it's been quiet on the blog lately.  Seems like time is standing still.... tick, tock, tick, tock..... and I have only boring stuff to say......  except 66 days until we get on a plane!!!  That's exciting!  In the meantime, I'm on overload with new projects and hobbies and possibly switching some of KJ's curriculum, even though we're over a month into school already.  Here's what I'm up to right now:
  • Homeschooling.
  • Missing my work as a birth doula.
  • Starting a business on Etsy --- sewing purses like crazy.
  • Researching curriculum.  Ugh.
  • Playing with my new camera lens and dreaming about going into business.
  • Even better, becoming a birth photographer.  Is there such a thing?  If there is, that's what I want to be when I grow up.  If not, maybe I'll make it a thing.
  • Trying to keep up with 2 community groups, 3 separate sports/lessons, CBC co-op, Awana, Reality, and church.
  • Oh yeah, cooking and cleaning.  Blech.  And shopping.  Double blech.
  • Teaching Tatum to sew.
  • Imagining a similarly sized Ethiopian tagging along with Maci everywhere she goes.
  • Dropping everything to spend every second with Justin when he can be home.
  • Running.  Can't do the 5K I was planning on this weekend, due to some sort of hip injury.  Figures.
  • Cuddling, laughing, and playing with my wonderful kiddos.
  • As always, willing time to stand still so I can take in every second of this wonderful life I have been blessed with, even as I desperately wish for a fast forward button so that we can have Little E home with us.
  • Thinking about a girls night out.  I think the last one I had was, well, never actually.
  • Sadly noticing a chill in the air and a few yellow leaves on the trees.
  • Trying to remember something from my two years of French class and anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Amharic language book I ordered.
  • Hoping for new pics of Little E.

1 comment:

  1. There is such a thing as a birth photographer! We were thinking of hiring one this time but don't know if the closest one would make it, LOL.

    ReplyDelete