Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. ~ James 1:27

17 July 2010

Mama Bear


We are hearing that the US Embassy is supposed to be back up to a full schedule of appointments in August.  Our agency has not confirmed this, but I did get an email directly from the Embassy and that's basically what it said.  So, yay, for that and hopefully it's true!  There are many little ones waiting to come home and my heart aches for all of them.

Even more so, of course, for Little E.  In just a few weeks he will celebrate his third birthday.  It will be his second one while he's in care.  It's really difficult to think about no one making a big deal for him.  Will anyone even know or give him a hug or make him feel special?  

I'm not handling the emotion of all this very well right now.  I know that the thing everyone says about international adoption is that it's completely unpredictable.  I'm usually a laid back, roll with the punches type of person.  But, with this whole adoption thing and the unexpected bad news twice this month, the mama bear in me is reacting big time.  I know that God's plan and timing is perfect.  But, it's really hard to understand how that includes Little E sitting in an orphanage for the better part of two years while we desperately battle against things that are so big and so out of our control.

The other bad news that could affect us is that there is a slowdown with the USCIS processing times.  People have been getting their Notice of Favorable Determination [171H] in ten days to two weeks.  The rumor is that it could now take 60-90 days.  We're two weeks and three days past fingerprinting.  Justin called to find out our case status yesterday and nothing worthwhile really came from the conversation.  Basically, we're moving toward the top of the list to be adjudicated.  I'm hoping that means that they've looked at all of our stuff and it's in order and just needs to be presented to an officer, or whatever the process is.  I'm afraid it means that they haven't even looked at our stuff yet and won't until we get to the top of the pile.  Our agency says USCIS is putting out a lot more requests for additional info before issuing the golden ticket aka 171H.  I'm praying we don't get caught in a snafu with this.  The 171H is what we're waiting on so we can be submitted to court.

But if we do get slowed down, at least it's during the rainy season.  The courts will be closed from August 6 to September 26.  It's looking like Little E will definately not be home this year.  I'm hoping now by the end of January.

We're starting back to school early [August 2], so that I don't have to worry about the kids not doing school while I'm gone to Ethiopia twice.  Not that I have all of my curriculum yet.  That would make too much sense!!  My mission for the weekend is to get everything ordered.  Hopefully that will take my mind off of The Wait.

If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day. Habakkuk 2:3

1 comment:

  1. I keep praying...I am not good at waiting. I hope the process catches some wind and speeds up for you.

    ReplyDelete