Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. ~ James 1:27

13 June 2009

No PBS Kids?!?!?!

We've been preparing the kids for about a week to have no TV, so yesterday when they woke up they ran to the TV and were excited to find we still had one station - PBS. Of course. I had them turn it off, but I was frantically thinking 'oh, crap, oh, crap, what if that one stays on analog and digital because of some weird thing for public stations?'.

We were gone all morning and into the afternoon. When we arrived back home, KJ ran to the television and discovered that even PBS had made the big switch and left us with a fuzzy screen to stare at. She cried for PBS Kids for about ten minutes before I banished her to the backyard and she got distracted playing in the mud. So, Day 1 was not too much of an adjustment at all. Justin and I usually watch a little TV after the kids are in bed, but last night we did our couples devotional, talked, and then sat and read. It was very nice.

The only time I missed TV yesterday was when I sat down to fold a bazillion towels and diapers. I always turn Rachel Ray on to pass the time while I put laundry away. No cooking tips! No ideas for dinner! But, somehow I powered through and got on with my day. :)

We'll see what Day 2 brings.... Anj

No comments:

Post a Comment